Southern ferry route
715th BS/ 448th BG
Life at Seething Airfield
564th BS/ 389th BG
448th Planes they flew
389th Planes they flew
After the war
"We're going to ditch!"
In memory of:
Just getting started researching B-24s and WWII? Check out our list of References!
Please take a moment to leave a comment on the blog.
These photos of the crew were taken in Sioux City, Iowa before they left for England. The crew are:
1. Lt. Arthur C. Delclisur, bombardier
2. Lt. Alfred H. Locke, pilot
3. Lt. John Hortenstine, navigator
4. Lt. Errol Self, co-pilot
5. Sgt. Virgil Carrol, engineer, top turret gunner
6. Sgt. Pedro Paez, asst. engineer, waist gunner
7. Sgt. Albert Spadafora, ball turret gunner
8. Sgt. Frank Cappello, radio operator
9. Sgt. Henry Boisclair, waist gunner
10. Sgt. Dale R. VanBlair, tail gunner
This page maintained in honor of the valiant men who served on this crew by
Melinda Staley, granddaughter of Al Locke and Dale VanBlair, tail gunner
September 18, 2017: I am saddened to say that Dale passed on to Heaven on September 16, 2017. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him.
Buy Dale's Book
If you have enjoyed the excerpts from "Looking Back" on this website, please consider buying the complete book. Visit this page for more information on making a purchase.